We started our sustainability journey in partnership with Bord Bias Origin Green in 2019. Origin Green is an independently accredited target-based sustainability plan for food producers in Ireland.
In 2022 we have achieved the highest level Gold membership of this world recognised accreditation. We also align with many associations offering factual advice & work processes to build a better knowledge of a rapidly progressing space to assist us in making improvements. In 2022 we completed the National programme for businesses Green for Micro and participate in the Climate Ready Academy.
- 100% Compostable Plastic Free packaging across our full range of products.
- Our Tea Bag film is 100% plastic Free plant based compostable.
- Cease outsourcing and produce and pack locally in Ireland, creating jobs & reducing our carbon footprint.
- Energy sourced primarily from renewable resources.
- Supporting Health & Wellness in our business, community & events
- 100% of waste generated is certified recycled.
- Our full case study is available to read here
Market trends indicate customers are seeking ethically sourced, locally produced, plastic free, compostable produce, it’s a priority an expectation that we at Niks Tea can fulfil.
- Hospitality – Hotel Bedrooms, Restaurants
- Retail – Wellness Collection Leaf Tea Collection Irish Collection
- Refill Stations – Niks Tea Refill Station Zero Waste Stores
- Online – Direct to Customer
- Hot – Beverage Stations
- Private Label – We collaborate with clients to personalise and elevate focus on customer experience and premium quality.
CONTACT Niks Tea Green Ambassador Nicola Kearns firstname.lastname@example.org
Niks Tea is aware that its business activities impact the environment and are committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect.
We are committed to:
- Complying fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice, and regulations.
- Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce pollution and improving our resource efficiency through reduction of energy use and waste.
- Promoting environmental and energy awareness with our employees through participation and training.
- Working with our customers to make more environmentally sensitive choices.
- Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to stakeholders and the public and working with our neighbours to improve the community.
Nicola Kearns, Owner